1. How large is the Copper Chef Wok's cooking surface?
The Wok's innovative technology heats both the bottom and sides to create a super-sized 360° cooking surface. Regular frying pans only cook from the bottom.
2. What is the Copper Chef Wok's cooking capacity?
The Wok has a jumbo 6-quart cooking capacity for family-size meals.
3. Do I need to use butter or oil?
The Wok is designed with Cerami-Tech Non-Stick Coating. Although no oil is required, it may be used to flavor your meals.
4. My meals cook much faster in the Wok than in ordinary frying pans. What's the secret?
The stainless steel induction plate is built directly into the Wok. It distributes high heat evenly to the entire cooking surface.
5. The Wok has replaced my need for multiple frying pans. What else can I do with it?
Not only is the Wok an excellent frying pan, it can also be used as a steamer, stock pot, deep fryer, sauté pan, pasta pot, baking dish, and roasting pan. You can even make popcorn in it!
6. Can I put my Wok into the oven?
We hope you do! The Wok's 850° F heat resistance makes it extremely versatile. Use it in the oven to make biscuits, roast a turkey, or even bake a cake!
7. What kind of utensils should I use with my Wok?
We recommend you use only nonmetallic utensils made of wood, plastic, silicone, or bamboo.
8. Does the Wok contain PTFE or PFOA?
Absolutely not. The Wok is free of both PTFE & PFOA.
9. Is there a coating on the Wok that burns off at first use?
No. As with all cookware, remember to wash with nonabrasive soap before first use.
10. Is the Wok actual copper? Will the coating peel?
The Wok is aluminum with a stainless steel induction plate. It is coated with copper colored Cerami-Tech Non-Stick coating that will not chip or peel.
11. Can I cook on an open fire with the Wok?
Although the pan can be used on an open fire, it is designed for kitchen use.
12. Does the Wok come with a recipe book?
Yes! You will receive a bonus recipe book with over 20 different American, Italian, Mexican, and Asian-inspired recipes for everything from breakfast to dessert!
13. How do I clean my Wok?
We recommend you clean your Wok by hand with water, a mild soap or cleanser, and a soft, nonmetallic scrubber, sponge, or bristle brush. Or, you may put it in the dishwasher.
14. Do I need to polish my Wok like traditional copper pots and pans?
No, it is coated with Cerami-Tech Non-Stick Coating which will not oxidize or tarnish like traditional copper pans that need frequent polishing.
15. How do I store my Wok?
To protect the surface of the Wok, we do not recommend stacking other cookware inside of the pan during storage. Use a soft cloth to protect the coating if you must store the Wok with other cookware.
16. Are there any special safety precautions I should follow?
Always remember to use potholders, as the handle can get hot when on the stovetop and in the oven. If you received a lid, potholders should be used as well. When lifting the lid, divert your face and body from the pan as hot steam may escape.