If you decide that you don’t love this product, your order is covered by our 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee. You have 60 days from the day you receive your product to request a replacement product or refund of the purchase price minus processing and handling fees. Proof of purchase is required.
To receive a refund or replacement, you must return the product to us at your expense. To return the product, call customer service and request a return merchandise authorization number or simply use your original order number. You can find your order number on www.customerstatus.com.
Pack the product carefully and include in the package a note with (1) your name, (2) mailing address, (3) phone number, (4) email address, (5) reason for return, and (6) proof of purchase or order number, and (7) specify on the note whether you are requesting a refund or replacement. Write the return merchandise authorization number on the outside of the package. Send the product to the following return address:
500 Returns Road
Wallingford CT 06495
1. Why do I need The Perfect Cooker?
The Perfect Cooker cooks rice perfectly every time! You never have to worry about over or under cooking rice, nor do you have to keep checking on it. The Perfect Cooker works with your schedule. It keeps rice fresh and warm for several hours after cooking — you'll never have to reheat soggy rice again! The Perfect Cooker also makes an excellent vegetable steamer, and you can use it to prepare many different delicious, healthy, one-dish meals. You can even serve directly from the Cooker. The Perfect Cooker is an amazing all-purpose pot. You'll find that it's an extremely useful addition to your kitchen, dorm room, studio apartment, or vacation getaway. You can even use it to cook frozen vegetables or entrees that come in plastic pouches. Steam fresh vegetables, chicken and fish for a nutrient-boost in just minutes. The Perfect Cooker can also be used to cook soups, stews, and risotto. Reheat your meals even faster than in the oven by steaming in The Perfect Cooker. You'll never have to add extra oils!
2. How does the Perfect Cooker work?
The inner pot of The Perfect Cooker sits on a plate that heats up when the unit is turned on. This causes the water in the pot to boil. The Perfect Cooker contains a temperature sensor that reduces heat automatically once water begins to boil. This is the secret to cooking perfect rice every time. The heat is reduced to a "KEEP WARM" setting to keep your meal at proper serving temperature without sogginess, burning, or drying out.
3. Are there any safety precautions I should know about before I begin to use my Perfect Cooker?
1. Rice cookers reach very high temperatures and produce large amounts of steam. Use extreme caution when opening the lid of The Perfect Cooker both during and after the cooking cycle is finished. Always lift lid away from your face and arms as steam may result in scalding. Remember: the hinged lid will spring open at the touch of a button. Be sure to avert your face and hands before pressing the release button.
2. Do not allow The Perfect Cooker's power cord to hang over a surface edge such as a table or counter. Even brushing against the cord may pull it down and result in a boiling pot causing serious harm.
3. Exercise extreme caution when sautéing butter, oil, or other fats in The Perfect Cooker. It is best to use long-handled cooking instruments. DO NOT USE the short-handled rice paddle provided.
4. The cooking cycle of The Perfect Cooker is controlled by the temperature of the inner pot. As liquid boils off, the temperature rises. This causes The Perfect Cooker to shift automatically to a low temperature, "KEEP WARM" mode.
WARNING: When making soups, stews, or other recipes with large amounts of liquid, The Perfect Cooker will not shut off until all liquid has boiled off. Follow all recipes carefully and do not leave The Perfect Cooker unattended. You must TURN OFF The Perfect Cooker MANUALLY when the time allotted by the recipe has elapsed.
4. How will I know when the rice has finished cooking?
When The Perfect Cooker has finished cooking, it will switch automatically to the "KEEP WARM" mode.
5. In what order do I add ingredients to The Perfect Cooker?
Always add rice to the inner pot before you add water or any other type of liquid. This will ensure accurate measurements and perfectly cooked rice. REMEMBER: Measurement lines on the inner pot are intended for white rice only. Brown rice, pasta, etc., may require more water. Always check your recipe.
6. Why does the measuring cup included equal less than one cup?
The measuring cup included adheres to rice industry standards. It is about ¾ of the size of 1 standard U.S. cup. We recommend you use it for measuring both rice and water.
7. What do I do if the rice sticks to the bottom of the inner pot or if it turns a brown color?
Before cooking, always remember to rinse rice in a separate bowl until the water is clear. This will remove excess bran and starch. You may also wish to add a thin layer of oil or nonstick cooking spray to the inner pot before adding rice.
8. What do I do if water bubbles out of the lid during the cooking cycle?
Confirm that you are using the correct proportion of water to rice. Check the chart below. This chart is also included in your product manual. Please note that these measurements and times assume the use of the measuring cup included with your unit. If you are using a different measuring cup, please note that the measuring cup included with your unit is equal to about ¾ of the size of 1 standard U.S. measuring cup. Before cooking, rinse rice in a separate bowl until the water is clear. This will remove excess bran and starch that may cause overflowing and / or a sticky residue. You may also wish to add a thin layer of oil or nonstick cooking spray to the inner pot before adding rice.
9. How does The Perfect Cooker steam food and cook rice simultaneously?
The Perfect Cooker is equipped with the incredibly convenient ability to cook rice and steam food at the same time. This is ideal for creating delicious, one-pot meals. To steam food and cook rice simultaneously:
Combine desired amount of uncooked rice and water, according to recipe, into the inner pot. REMEMBER: Rice doubles in size during the cooking process. Do not fill the inner pot to capacity with rice when steaming food or it will boil over into the steam tray. Refer to instruction manual to determine maximum rice capacity when steaming food at the same time.
Use the chart in the instruction manual to determine correct cooking times for steaming. It is best to begin to cook rice first. Add any food you wish to steam towards the end of the initial rice cooking cycle. The amount of time it takes to steam food is usually much shorter than the amount needed to cook rice from start to finish.