If you decide that you don’t love this product, your order is covered by our 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee. You have 60 days from the day you receive your product to request a replacement product or refund of the purchase price minus processing and handling fees. Proof of purchase is required.
To receive a refund or replacement, you must return the product to us at your expense. To return the product, call customer service and request a return merchandise authorization number or simply use your original order number. You can find your order number on www.customerstatus.com.
Pack the product carefully and include in the package a note with (1) your name, (2) mailing address, (3) phone number, (4) email address, (5) reason for return, and (6) proof of purchase or order number, and (7) specify on the note whether you are requesting a refund or replacement. Write the return merchandise authorization number on the outside of the package. Send the product to the following return address:
500 Returns Road
Wallingford CT 06495
1. What's the Power Juicer made up of?
The Power Juicer is designed for quality and performance. The body is made of a FDA approved food grade material. and combined with surgical quality stainless steel blades. The convenient extra-large round chute accommodates most fruits and vegetables whole to help utilize the whole fruit resulting in up to *30% more juice. *Amounts of juice will vary depending upon ripeness and size of different fruits & vegetables and results will vary for different juicers.
2. Why won't the power turn on?
First, check that the switch is in the on position. Then, check that all parts are assembled properly. The unit has a built-in safety device that will not let the motor turn on if not assembled properly. The Power Juicer also has a built-in Thermal Cut Off Safety Switch. If the machine was running, then shut down due to accidental overheating, then there is a 10 minute cooling time before the machine will restart. This helps to protect the motor from seizing.
3. Why is my Power Juicer clogged?
This may happen for a number of reasons:
1. If the fruit you are using is over ripe.
2. If there is too much pulp in the filter. Turn the machine off and unplug it, then clean the filter.
3. If you are using fruits such as bananas or avocado. These fruits cannot be juiced in the Power Juicer. Add them separately to a blender for smoothies.
4. The spout may be blocked by a piece of pulp that may have passed through the filter causing the juice to collect in the receptacle and overflow. Turn the machine off and unplug it, wait for the blade to stop spinning and inspect the spout. Clear the blockage so the juice can flow freely.
4. Can I put the whole fruit in the Power Juicer?
Yes, as long as it fits in the chute and does not have large pits or hard skins. Due to personal preferences and nutritional opinions it is difficult to determine an individuals eating habits. Therefore, we recommend juicing produce the way you would normally consume it with the exception of cooking. Before juicing any produce it is important to wash it thoroughly to remove dirt and pesticides.
5. Can I put whole fruits with large pits in the Power Juicer?
No, remove large pits such as mango, peach, etc., as they will damage the blade and possibly the unit.
6. Can I put all components in the dishwasher?
All components are dishwasher safe with the exception of the motor housing in a regular household dishwasher. Not for use in a European import or commercial dishwasher as temperatures may vary due to different manufacturers.
7. How can I make smoothies if you can not add milk, yogurt, ice or bananas to the Power Juicer?
The Power Juicer will not make smoothies, only fresh juice for smoothies. Add all smoothie ingredients separately in a blender.
8. What is the diameter of the feed chute?
Approximately 2.6 inches; excluding the safety guard inside the shoot.
(An added safety devise to prevent a person's hand to be in contact with the blade.)
9. How can I juice carrots?
Carrots can be a bit challenging to juice due to their dense nature and irregular shape. Do not over stuff the chute. Leave some room on the sides to be able to maneuver the carrots while juicing. They tend to bounce around in the chute. Use the pusher to guide them to the blade.
10. Can I add ice or liquid to the Power Juicer?
No, ice turns to water and any other liquid that is poured in will cause an abundance of liquid in the receptacle. It will overflow and run out the sides of the receptacle. Add these items separately in a glass, pitcher or blender.
11. How can I get berry juice to come out of the receptacle?
Follow the berries with a fruit or vegetable that contains a larger volume of juice. These fruits will produce more juice and push the berry juice through the receptacle. If you choose to juice only berries then take the machine apart and empty juice from the receptacle into a glass or bowl.
12. How can I get more pulp for cooking recipes?
Unfortunately you may have to juice quite a bit to get a lot of pulp. The Power Juicer gives up to 30% more juice than other juicers so there is usually not a lot of pulp left. The good news is you can freeze the pulp in airtight bags or containers. So every time you make fresh juice, just freeze the pulp until you are ready to use it.
13. How long does the fresh juice last?
To get the full benefits of fresh juice it is best if you drink it right away. As fresh juice sits it looses significant amounts of vitamins and nutrients. Some juices last longer than others and refrigerate well as long as they are in a sealed container. They can only be kept for a few hours. Preferably in a glass covered container so the flavor is not altered. You can add a few drops of lemon juice to help maintain the flavor. Here is a list of juices that refrigerate well: carrot, apple, orange, pear, grape, grapefruit, pineapple, kiwi, prune, peach, celery, and beet juice. You can also freeze fresh juice the same way. Juice can be frozen in an airtight container for up to one month.
14. How long does the pulp last?
Fruit and vegetable pulp can be frozen. It is best if it is in an airtight container or freezer bag. Discard after one month. We recommend that you use a separate container or bag for each pulp.
15. Can I use wheatgrass in my Power Juicer?
Yes, it works best if you roll it up in something leafy such as spinach and follow with something juicy such as pineapple. If you choose to juice wheatgrass alone just roll it up and insert it in the Power Juicer.
16. Can I use cherries whole in my Power Juicer?
Yes, but only if the pits have been removed prior to juicing. A quick, easy way to do this is by using a cherry pitter.
17. Can I use grapes with seeds and stems?
Yes, we recommend you wash them thoroughly prior to juicing.
18. Can I put a rind of the melon in the Power Juicer?
Yes, we recommend you wash them thoroughly prior to juicing. We do not recommend leaving the rind on the cantaloupe due to recent cases of salmonella contamination. This is a personal preference.
19. Can my Power Juicer be used as a food processor? Is there a special attachment I need?
No, there is no attachment that turns the Power Juicer into a food processor. However, the Power Juicer leaves behind pulp from the fruits and vegetables that is used to cook with or freeze to make delicious frozen treats. Use the pulp to make healthy sauces, salsas, dips, muffins and more.
The manufacturer warrants that your Jack La Lanne Power Juicer is free of defects in materials and workmanship and will, at its option, repair or replace any defective juicer that is returned. The Jack LaLanne Power Juicer motor is warranted for the lifetime of the original purchaser, and all other parts and components are warranted for 60 days from the original date of purchase.This warranty is valid only in accordance with the conditions set forth below:
1. This warranty applies to consumer use only, and is void if the product is used in a commercial or institutional setting.
2. The warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser and is not transferable. In addition, proof of purchase must be demonstrated. This warranty is void if the product has been subject to accident, misuse, abuse, improper maintenance or repair, or unauthorized modification..
3. This limited warranty is the only written or express warranty given by the manufacturer. Any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose on this product is limited in duration to the duration of this warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
4. Repair or replacement of the product (or, if repair or replacement is not feasible, a refund of the purchase price) is the exclusive remedy of the consumer under this warranty. The manufacturer shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of this warranty or any implied warranty on this product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
5. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.