Tristar Products is so confident that you will enjoy your product, that we cover every product with our 60-Day Money Back Guarantee. However, if you decide that you don’t love our product, your order is covered by our 60-Day Money Back Guarantee which starts the day your product is delivered. You have 60 days to return your product. Proof of purchase is required. Monetary refunds do not include original processing and handling fees. See Return Policy below for return details.
Your satisfaction is our main goal. If you decide that you don’t love our product, your order is covered by our 60-Day Money Back Guarantee which starts the day your product is delivered. You have 60 days to return or replace your product. Proof of purchase is required. Monetary refunds do not include original processing and handling fees.
In order to return or replace your product, please call Customer Service to receive a return merchandise authorization number or simply use your original order number. You can also find your order number on www.customerstatus.com.
Pack your product carefully. Include a note inside the box with your name, address, phone number, email, reason for return and if you are requesting a refund or replacement. To avoid delay, place the note inside the box on top of the product/packaging.
Write your return authorization number on the outside of your box for quick and easy processing.
500 Returns Road
Wallingford CT 06495
If you purchased your product at one of our authorized retailers, please return your product to the store.
1. What is the material of construction?
This appliance has a stainless steel housing and Inner Pot.
2. How do you assemble/disassemble the Unit?
This appliance comes fully assembled with Float Valve, Pressure Release Valve, and Inner Lid. Attach Condensation Collector before operation. Please see PREPARING FOR USE, page 14, in the manual.
3. What is the default time?
Each cooking mode has a default time that appears as soon as you select a desired program button. Before the timer on the LCD Display begins counting down, the appliance must first reach the proper pressure and/or temperature for that mode.
4. How long does it take for the Unit to reach full pressure and for the cook time clock to start a countdown?
When the Unit reaches the desired cooking pressure, the LCD Display will change color from orange to red and the cooking time will begin counting down. The time required to reach the desired pressure setting depends on the volume, concentration, and ratios of solid to liquid in the Unit – generally 5–40 mins.
5. Can you change the cook time from the default setting?
Yes! You can change the cook time two ways. Select LOW, MED, or HIGH. These are preprogrammed settings that will give a predetermined time. Alternatively, select the Time Button to adjust the cooking time to suit your needs.
6. Can you leave the Unit on while not at home?
The Power Quick Pot has a delayed start function, but leaving the Unit on while not at home is not recommended.
7. Can you put frozen foods in Unit without defrosting?
Yes! Remember to add an average of 10 extra mins. to the cooking time when cooking frozen meals.
8. Can I cook with oil in the pressure cooker?
No! Do not attempt to pressure fry in the Power Quick Pot. The Unit does not have safety measures to prevent oil fumes and fire. Pressurized oil fumes are very dangerous and can cause an explosion.
9. How do I turn off the Unit?
Press the Cancel Button on the Control Panel and unplug the Power Cord from the wall outlet and the Unit Base.
The manufacturer warrants that your Power Quick Pot is free of defects in materials and workmanship and will, at its option, repair or replace any defective Power Quick Pot™ that is returned to it. All parts and components of the Power Quick Pot are warranted for 60 days from the original date of purchase. This warranty is valid only in accordance with the conditions set forth below:
1. Normal wear and tear are not covered by this warranty. This warranty applies to consumer use only, and is void when the product is used in a commercial or institutional setting.
2. The warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser and is not transferable. In addition, proof of purchase must be demonstrated. This warranty is void if the product has been subject to accident, misuse, abuse, improper maintenance or repair, or unauthorized modi cation.
3. This limited warranty is the only written or express warranty given by the manufacturer. Any implied warranty of merchantability or tness for a particular purpose on this product is limited in duration to the duration of this warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
4. Repair or replacement of the product (or, if repair or replacement is not feasible, a refund of the purchase price) is the exclusive remedy of the consumer under this warranty. The manufacturer shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of this warranty or any implied warranty on this product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
5. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.