Frequently Asked Questions
1. How large is the 9.5″ Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan?
The Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan has an extra large 4.5 qt. capacity. It’s designed to give you up to 25% more cooking space than ordinary 9.5″ round pans.
2. Is there a coating on the Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan that burns off at first use?
No. As with all cookware, remember to wash with non-abrasive soap before first use.
3. Is the Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan actual copper? Will the coating peel?
The Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan is aluminum with copper-colored Cerami Tech™ Non-Stick Coating that will not chip or peel.
4. What is the Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan made of?
The Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan is aluminum with Cerami Tech™ Non-Stick Coating and a stainless steel induction plate.
5. Can you cook on an open fire with the Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan?
Although the Pan can be used on an open fire, it is designed for kitchen use.
6. Does the Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan come with a recipe book?
Yes! You will receive a bonus recipe book with amazing recipes for everything from soups and stews to main dishes and desserts!
7. Do I need to use any butter or oil?
The Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan is designed with Advanced Cerami-Tech Non-Stick Coating. There’s no need to add any extra butter, grease, or oil. For added flavor, you may season the cooking surface with natural oils such as olive, canola, or peanut oil.
8. The Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan has replaced my need for multiple pots and frying pans. What else can I do with it?
The Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan can be used as a steamer, stock pot, deep fryer, sauté pan, pasta pot, baking dish, and roasting pan.
9. Is the Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan lined with tin or steel?
No, it is aluminum with a steel induction plate on the bottom.
10. Do you need to polish the Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan like traditional copper pots and pans?
No, it is coated with Cerami Tech™ non-stick coating which will not oxidize or tarnish like traditional copper pans that need frequent polishing.
11. How do I clean my Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan?
We recommend you clean your Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan by hand with water, a mild soap or cleanser, and a soft, nonmetallic scrubber, sponge, or bristle brush. Or, you may put it in the dishwasher.
12. Is the Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan oven-safe?
Yes, it is heat resistant up to 850° F.
13. Does the Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan contain PTFE or PFOA?
Absolutely not. The Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan is free of both PTFE & PFOA.
14. What kind of utensils should I use with the Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan?
We recommend you use only nonmetallic utensils made of wood, plastic, silicone, or bamboo.
15. How do I store the Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan?
To protect the surface of the Copper Chef Deep Dish Pan, we do not recommend stacking other cookware inside of it during storage. Use a soft cloth to protect the coating if you must store the Pan with other cookware.
16. Are there any special safety precautions I should follow?
Always remember to use potholders, as the handle can get hot when on the stovetop and in the oven. If you received a lid, potholders should be used as well. When lifting the lid, divert your face and body from the pan as hot steam may escape.