Frequently Asked Questions
CAUTION: People with a pacemaker or similar medical device should exercise caution when using or standing near an induction unit while it is in operation, as the electromagnetic field may affect the working of the pacemaker or similar medical device.
1. What is the Copper Chef Smart Cooker? The Smart Cooker is a multi-purpose Induction Cooktop with a removable Copper Chef Deep Dish Square Pan. Digital Pre-Sets give you the option of 18 different ways to cook.
2. What types of pans or cooking appliances does the Smart Cooker replace?
The Smart Cooker replaces a frying pan, baking pan, slow cooker, sauté pan, searing pan, sous vide cooker, simmer pot, steaming pot, braising pan, popcorn maker, yogurt maker, rice maker, pasta pot, egg cooker, fondue maker, and saucepan. It can also be used with the Delay Timer Setting or as a chafing dish on the Keep Warm Setting.
3. Why is Induction Cooking better?
When the pan’s Stainless Steel Induction Plate comes into contact with the Induction Base, magnetic energy is directed into the pan at the precise temperature you want. Your meals cook perfectly to your exact specifications so you don’t have to worry about over or undercooking. Plus, induction cooking is significantly more energy efficient vs. traditional gas burners.
4. Can I use any type of pan on the Induction Base?
No. Use only the original Copper Chef Deep Dish Square Pan with Stainless Steel Induction Plate.
5. Can I use the Copper Chef Deep Dish Square Pan to cook other ways?
Yes. Feel free to use the pan on any stovetop or in the oven.
6. Why am I seeing an E6 error?
An E6 error may be caused by too little liquid in a hot pan. Unit will display E6. Shut off Unit, turn on Unit , add more liquid or turn down heat setting