Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you assemble/disassemble the Unit?
This appliance comes fully assembled with the Float Valve, Pressure Release Valve, and Inner Lid already assembled in the Pressure Lid. Attach the Condensation Collector before operation.
2. What is the default time?
Each cooking mode has a default time that appears as soon as you select a desired program button. Before the timer on the LCD Display begins counting down, the appliance must first reach the proper pressure and/or temperature for that mode.
3. How long does it take for the Unit to reach full pressure and for the cook time clock to start a countdown?
When the Unit reaches the desired cooking pressure, the LCD Display will change color from orange to red and the cooking time will begin counting down. The time required to reach the desired pressure setting depends on the volume, concentration, and ratios of solid to liquid in the Unit – generally 5–40 mins.
4. Can you change the cook time from the default setting?
Yes! You can change the cook time two ways. Select SHORT, MED, or LONG. These are preprogrammed settings that will give a predetermined time. Alternatively, select the Time Button to adjust the cooking time to suit your needs.
5. Can you leave the Unit on while not at home?
The Emeril Lagasse Pressure Air Fryer has a delayed start function, but leaving the Unit on while not at home is not recommended.
6. Can you put frozen foods into the Unit without defrosting?
Yes! Remember to add an average of 10 extra mins. to the cooking time when cooking frozen meals.
7. Can I deep fry in this Unit?
No! Do not attempt to deep fry in the Emeril Lagasse Pressure Air Fryer. The Unit does not have safety measures to prevent oil fumes and fire. Pressurized oil fumes are very dangerous and can cause an explosion.
8. How do I turn off the Unit?
Press the Cancel Button on the Control Panel and unplug the Power Cord from the wall outlet and the Unit Base.
9. How much fluid do I need to cook on the pressure cooker setting?
The minimum amount is ½ cup liquid. Cooking under pressure infuses fluid and flavor into your food. Care should be taken when factoring how much liquid should be added to a recipe.
10. How do I crisp chicken using both pressure cooker and air fryer functions?
First, cook the chicken using the pressure cooker function. Take care to fully and completely release the pressure either naturally (food continues to cook) or quick release (manually and cooking stops) before you switch lids. Then, switch to the Air Fryer Lid and set the air fryer timer for 15 minutes.
When you air fry the chicken, you can remove the juice from the inner pot, but it is not necessary. If a substantial amount of liquid has collected in the inner pot, removing it will allow more of the chicken to be air fried.
11. How do I crisp chicken using the air fryer function only?
Begin with the breast side down and rotate the chicken to cook evenly on the sides and bottom.
12. Do you have any tips for cooking chicken?
For an extra tender chicken, cook the chicken whole on the pressure setting, breast side down. Doing this seals the juices into the breast meat.
13. Do you have any tips for cooking pork?
Because pork is lean, it needs less cooking time (not more). If you cook pork too long, it will be tough and dry. Make sure the internal temperature reaches 145° F as recommended by The National Pork Board.
14. How do I use the Inner Pot?
The Inner Pot is where you put the ingredients you are cooking. The Inner Pot will get HOT! Do not lift or move it while the ingredients are hot. There are 2 types of Inner Pots, a stainless steel Inner Pot and a non-stick Inner Pot. The one you receive depends on where you purchased your unit.
15. Can the Air Fryer Lid be lifted while air frying?
Yes, the Air Fryer Lid can be lifted and put back into place. This allows you to control the amount of crispness you want.
16. Can the Pressure Cooker Lid be lifted while pressure cooking?
NO! The Pressure Cooker Lid cannot be removed while pressure cooking. The unit is building pressure and cooking under pressure. You should not remove or attempt to remove the Pressure Cooker Lid at any time during the cooking cycle.
17. Why is the unit beeping at me?
The unit will beep if the wrong lid is being used for the specified cooking method. The unit will also beep when the cooking cycle is completed.
18. Can the cooking time be customized?
Yes, the cooking time can be customized to meet your needs.
19. How will the product be delivered?
1. Your order will be delivered via Fed Ex. You will receive a tracking number if you provide an email address once your order ships.