1. What are the dimensions of the Grill / Griddle?
The Grill / Griddle measures 12" x 12". The Panini Press Lid measures 11" x 11".
2. Can I use my Grill / Griddle on a stove?
Yes. The Copper Chef Grill / Griddle is designed to sit directly over any electric, gas, ceramic, or induction stovetop.
3. Can I use my Grill / Griddle on an outdoor grill?
The Grill / Griddle can be used on any outdoor BBQ grill. The Grill is especially handy for cooking small foods like shrimp or asparagus that might otherwise fall through your grill's grates.
4. Is the Grill / Griddle oven safe?
Yes. The Grill / Griddle is heat resistant up to 850° F.
5. Can I use the Grill / Griddle under the broiler?
Yes. Thanks to its high heat resistance, the Grill / Griddle is perfect for “finishing” large pieces of meat or even melting cheese.
6. Do I need to use any butter or oil?
The Grill / Griddle Pan is designed with Advanced Cerami-Tech Non-Stick Coating. There's no need to add any extra butter, grease, or oil. For added flavor, you can season the Grill / Griddle with natural oils such as olive, canola, and peanut oil.
7. What kind of food is best to cook on the Grill Pan?
The Grill Pan is especially perfect for grilling and searing meat, fish, and vegetables to perfection with flavorful, appetizing grill marks. There's no limit to what you can cook on the Grill including crisp quesadillas, fruit, and even grilled cake!
8. Does the Grill / Griddle come with a recipe book?
Yes! You will receive a recipe book with amazing recipes.
9. My meals cook much faster on the Grill / Griddle Pan than with an ordinary grill or frying pan. What's the secret?
You may find you don't need to cook at the same high temperatures required during ordinary cooking. That's because the Grill / Griddle has an innovative, stainless steel induction plate built directly into the pan. It distributes high heat quickly and evenly to the entire cooking surface.
10. Can I cook with BBQ sauce or other sweet sauces?
Yes, although we recommend waiting until your food is almost cooked before adding any type of high-sugar sauce or marinade.
11. What kind of utensils should I use with the Grill / Griddle?
We recommend you use only nonmetallic utensils made of wood, plastic, silicone, or bamboo.
12. Is there a coating on the Grill / Griddle Pan that burns off at first use?
No. As with all cookware, remember to wash with nonabrasive soap before first use.
13. Is the Grill / Griddle Pan actual copper? Will the coating peel?
The Grill / Griddle is aluminum with a stainless steel induction plate. It is coated with copper colored Cerami-Tech Non-Stick Coating that will not chip or peel.
14. Does the Grill / Griddle Pan contain PTFE or PFOA?
Absolutely not. The Grill / Griddle is free of both PTFE & PFOA.
15. How do I store my Grill / Griddle Pan?
To protect the surface of the Grill / Griddle, we do not recommend stacking it with other cookware. Use a soft cloth to protect the Grill / Griddle if you must store it with other pans.
16. How do I clean the Grill / Griddle?
We recommend you clean the Grill / Griddle by hand with water, a mild soap or cleanser, and a soft, nonmetallic scrubber, sponge, or bristle brush. Or, you may use the dishwasher. For additional information, consult the User's Manual.
17. Do I need to polish the Grill / Griddle like traditional copper cookware?
No. The Grill / Griddle is coated with Cerami-Tech Non-Stick Coating. It will not oxidize or tarnish like traditional copper cookware that needs frequent polishing.
18. 18. Are there any special safety precautions I should follow?
Grill Press Lid, remember to use potholders when handling. Lid is heat resistant up to 450° F. Remember to divert your face and body when lifting the Lid as hot steam may result. Never pour cold water on a hot Grill / Griddle Pan. Let cool before washing.