1. What is the material of construction?
This appliance has a stainless steel housing and Inner Pot.
2. How do you assemble/disassemble the Unit?
This appliance comes fully assembled with Float Valve, Pressure Release Valve, and Inner Lid. Attach Condensation Collector before operation. Please see PREPARING FOR USE, page 14, in the manual.
3. What is the default time?
Each cooking mode has a default time that appears as soon as you select a desired program button. Before the timer on the LCD Display begins counting down, the appliance must first reach the proper pressure and/or temperature for that mode.
4. How long does it take for the Unit to reach full pressure and for the cook time clock to start a countdown?
When the Unit reaches the desired cooking pressure, the LCD Display will change color from orange to red and the cooking time will begin counting down. The time required to reach the desired pressure setting depends on the volume, concentration, and ratios of solid to liquid in the Unit – generally 5–40 mins.
5. Can you change the cook time from the default setting?
Yes! You can change the cook time two ways. Select LOW, MED, or HIGH. These are preprogrammed settings that will give a predetermined time. Alternatively, select the Time Button to adjust the cooking time to suit your needs.
6. Can you leave the Unit on while not at home?
The Power Quick Pot has a delayed start function, but leaving the Unit on while not at home is not recommended.
7. Can you put frozen foods in Unit without defrosting?
Yes! Remember to add an average of 10 extra mins. to the cooking time when cooking frozen meals.
8. Can I cook with oil in the pressure cooker?
No! Do not attempt to pressure fry in the Power Quick Pot. The Unit does not have safety measures to prevent oil fumes and fire. Pressurized oil fumes are very dangerous and can cause an explosion.
9. How do I turn off the Unit?
Press the Cancel Button on the Control Panel and unplug the Power Cord from the wall outlet and the Unit Base.