Phoenix Gold Free Flight Iron
1. Why is my iron not heating up?
The iron must be set on the base and the base plugged in. The iron has a temperature light that should illuminate when you set the iron on the base and the iron is heating up. Once the iron has reached the set temperature, the Temperature Indicator light will turn off.
2. What is the right temperature for my clothes?
It is essential to select the right ironing temperature. The thermostat dial contains international markers with dots corresponding to three ironing temperatures. Use the marker with 1 dot for synthetic fabrics. Use the marker with 2 dots for wool and fabric. Use the marker with 3 dots for cotton and linen. Watch our How-To Videos for expert tips. [Click Here]
3. Why did my iron smoke on the first use?
When heating your iron for the first time, you may notice a small amount of odor and smoke. This is harmless residue from the manufacturing process that will quickly burn off and disappear.
4. Can I fill the iron with water when it is plugged in?
No, you must always unplug the iron before filling it.
5. Why is my iron leaking from the soleplate when I fill it?
Always set your iron to the “No Steam” function before you start to fill.
6. Why is my Iron dripping when I use it?
There are a few reasons this may happen:
- The temperature setting is not correct for steaming. Is the temperature set to the 2 (silk/wool) or 3 (cotton/linen) steam cloud setting? If you use the steam blast on a non-steam setting, the iron is not hot enough to produce steam.
- The temperature setting is on a steam setting but you have pressed the steam blast button too many times, too quickly and water has built up on the back of the soleplate and cannot turn to steam. Do not press the steam blast too many times, too quickly. The soleplate has to be hot enough to create steam. Be careful as the dripping water can be hot.
7. How do I prevent water drips on my fabric?
Do not use the Steam Blast Trigger intensively. Wait a few seconds between each use. The temperature button much be placed within the Steam range (between 2 dots and MAX). Use steam only when the iron is hot (the light must be off).
8. Can the iron be used while heating up on the base?
Yes. Please lock the iron into the base before using and follow the instructions before pouring water into the Water Tank. Watch our How-To Videos for expert tips. [Click Here]
9. Can I use my steam iron for dry ironing?
Yes, and you do not need to fill the tank with water. Set the Steam Selector to off and set the temperature to suit the type of material. Once the iron has cooled down at the end of an ironing session, wipe the soleplate and around the steam holes to remove any burned fibers that may have collected around the steam holes.
10. What is the vertical steam function used for? How do I use it?
This function allows you to iron fabrics on a hanger. Set the iron temperature to the maximum position. Leave the item on a hanger and gently pull the fabric with one hand. Press the Steam Blast Trigger repeatedly and move the iron from top to bottom. NOTE: Never use the vertical steam function on an item being worn by anyone.
11. Why is the base blinking and the iron is not warm and won’t heat up?
The iron has an automatic shut off. If the iron sits on the base idle for 30 mins, the unit will shut off. To reactivate, lock the iron to the base, pick it up and turn horizontally and then vertically. The iron will reheat in 8 seconds.
12. How can I avoid scratching the soleplate of my iron?
To avoid damaging the soleplate, always place your iron on its heel rest of its base, avoid ironing over abrasive item (buttons, zippers, etc.), and never clean your iron’s soleplate with abrasive or metallic pads.
13. What should I do to maintain my iron correctly?
After use, empty the tank, close the steam control, set the thermostat to minimum, and stand the iron upright or place it on the base. Use a damp soft cloth to wipe your iron and never use cleaners or solvents.
14. What water should I use in the iron? Use tap water to fill the Water Tank. In hard water areas, you can use a mixture of 50% tap water and 50% distilled or demineralized water. Do not use chemical additives, scented substances, or decalcifiers in the water.
Tristar Products is committed to providing the best products and friendliest customer service. If you should have any questions about ordering or a question about any of our great products. Please feel free to email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible. Emails will be answered during business hours from 9 am – 8 pm Monday- Friday.
For your convenience, you can check order status from this page as well. Simply click www.customerstatus.com 24/7, to view current order information, including shipment information.
Customer Service Hours:
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
Contact Us: English and Spanish
Phone Number: 973-287-5100