Power Pressure Cooker XL
Model: PPC770 / PPC770-1 / PCXL-PRO6 / PPC771 / PPC772 / PPC780 / PPC773 / PPC790
1. What is the capacity of the Power Pressure Cooker XL?
Both 6 quart and 8 quart units are available. The Power Pressure Cooker XL comes in either 6 quart or 8 quart. The Power Pressure Cooker XL Pro comes in 6 quart only.
2. Can I adjust the cooking time on them?
Yes, there is a Time Adjust button. You can manually adjust the pressure on the Power Cooker. On the PPC-XL the pressure is automatically adjusted by the preset buttons.
3. Can I adjust the pressure?
Yes, there is a Pressure Adjust button with a range from 10-80 kPa.
4. Can I sauté or brown food in these units?
Yes, press the Brown button with the lid off before pressurizing. The Power Cooker PRO has a brown button for sautéing. On the Power Pressure Cooker XL press any preset buttons with the lid off to sauté.
5. Can these units slow cook?
Yes, these units have a Slow Cook feature with low pressure.
6. Can I cook rice?
Yes, The Power Cooker Pro has a Rice feature with programmed pressure for cooking rice. The Power Pressure Cooker XL has a Rice setting with 3 sub settings for White Rice, Brown Rice, and Wild Rice. These individual sub settings are program specify for each rice with time and pressure.
7. Are the Power Cookers able to be used for Canning?
Yes, the units reach 80-kPa/11.6 psi, which is the required pressure for canning.
8. What size canning jars can I use in my Power Pressure Cooker XL?
The Power Pressure Cooker XL is designed to accommodate pint-size (16 oz.) jars or smaller. Quart-size (32 oz.) jars will not fit inside the Power Pressure Cooker XL.
9. Can you put frozen foods in the units without defrosting them?
Yes, just remember to add an extra ten minutes for frozen food.
10. How will I know when the pressure cooker has pressurized?
Once pressure is built, the zeroes will stop rotating and begin counting down the cooking time.
11. Will my meal remain hot after the cooking time has elapsed?
Yes, the unit will automatically switch to the Keep Warm function after the set time has elapsed
12. When is it safe to remove the Lid from the Pressure Cooker?
When all pressure is released, the lid may be removed. If the unit is difficult to open, this indicates that the cooker is still pressurized – do not force it open.
13. How do I redeem my grocery coupons?
1. Go to redeemspot.com.
2. Complete the PIN# Request Form using the order number from your Power Pressure Cooker XL invoice or email confirmation. Click Submit.
3. Upon verification, you’ll receive your PIN# via email within 24 hours.
4. Visit groceryrewardprogram.com and enter your PIN# for complete access to the reward portal.
5. Take advantage of the $100 in grocery coupons and other cool benefits that come with the service.
14. Warranty Repairs?
If warranty service is necessary, the original purchaser must pack the product securely and send it postage paid with a description of the defect, proof of purchase, and a check or money order for $24.99 to cover return postage and handling to the following address: Tristar Products Inc., P.O. Box 3007, Wallingford, CT 06492
15. How do I go about returning my Power Pressure Cooker XL?
If you’re not 100% satisfied, for any reason, contact a Customer Service Representative at 1-973-287-5159 for a return authorization.
Tristar Products is committed to providing the best products and friendliest customer service. If you should have any questions about ordering or a question about any of our great products. Please feel free to email us to email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible. Emails will be answered during business hours from 9 am – 8 pm Monday- Friday.
For your convenience, you can check order status from this page as well. Simply click www.customerstatus.com 24/7, to view current order information, including shipment information.
Customer Service Hours:
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
Contact Us: English and Spanish
Phone Number: 973-287-5100