Recipe Type: Soups and Stews
4 cup crushed tomatoes
0.5 cup beef stock
1 Large onion, peeled and diced
0.333333 cup Dried red beans
0.333333 cup Black beans
0.25 cup Chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon Ground coriander
1 tablespoon Crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon Grape seed oil
- Place the inner pot into the Power Cooker. Place the oil in the inner pot. Press the CHICKEN/MEAT button. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes. Add the spices and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Place the lid on the pressure cooker, lock lid and switch the pressure release valve to closed.
- Press CANCEL and then press the SOUP/STEW button.
- Once the timer reaches 0, the cooker will automatically switch to KEEP WARM. Switch the pressure release valve to open. When the steam is completely released, remove the lid.
- Carefully pour into the jars 1” from the top.
- Using a flexible nonporous spatula gently press between the chili and the jar to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Clean the rims of the jars with white vinegar.
- Place the lids on the jars.
- Place the jars into the clean inner pot and add water until the jars are covered 1/4 of the way.
- Secure the lid, close the steam release valve and press the CANNING/PRESERVING button and then press the COOK TIME SELECTOR button until you reach 45 min.
- When the time runs out press the CANCEL button and then the CANNING/PRESERVING button and the time will be 30 min.
- When the time runs out and the steam has been released, remove the lid and carefully remove the jars using the canning tongs.
- To finish the chili brown 2 lbs of ground meat and follow the instructions in the pressure cooker recipe book for beef chili.